Key version games (was Re: problem with exporting subkeys)

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Sat Mar 2 19:00:01 CET 2002

David Shaw <dshaw at jabberwocky.com> writes:

> Speaking of key versions - I spent some time looking at what versions
> were permitted with what a while ago and one thing that does seem to
> be explicitly permitted is v4 keys with v3 subkeys.  I did test this
> and PGP supports it (though this may be accidental support).  GnuPG
> 1.0.6 only partially supports it, but I fixed that in 1.0.7.
>
> Florian, this can give you the unchangeable expiration date that you
> wanted, if you're willing to accept the restrictions (RSA only, etc.)
> on v3 keys :)

Interesting.  But actually, I wanted to force this down the throat of
all GnuPG users, that's why this feature is only of limited help. ;-)

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/