timestamp (0x40) signatures?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Mar 4 17:24:01 CET 2002

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:11:30 -0500, David Shaw said:

> define what it is a signature on (if anything).  RFC 1991 goes into
> more detail and defines it as a signature on a signature, which is
> more useful - this is the idea of a notary for PGP, which proves
> that

Indeed.  A timestamping service makes more sense when it can be used
to certify that a given signature was done at that time.

Does PGP implemnt this, are there any notary services out providing
such a service, should we clear this up in the next OpenPGP draft?

> Werner, I can check it in if you want. :)

I have not seen any requests for this, so better don't check it in.

BTW, I have released 1.0.6d but not written an announcement yet.