force-v4-certs and digest-algo

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu May 9 22:50:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 07:40:24PM +0000, Brian M. Carlson wrote:

> I have set force-v4-certs in my options file. I also have
> digest-algo RIPEMD160 set. Yet, my signatures still are made with
> SHA1, which I deprecate strongly.  If I have a preference on my key,
> I'd prefer that gpg choose that, unless I choose a digest-algo
> option, in which case gpg uses that. gpg has done neither.

Let me make sure I understand what you are doing.  You want your key
signatures - not data signatures - to use RIPEMD160 and not SHA1?

--digest-algo only applies to data signatures.

Why do you strongly deprecate SHA1?

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/