Wrong signature on idea.c, broken link

Andy Ozment andy.ozment at cc.gatech.edu
Fri May 17 11:33:06 CEST 2002

I'm new to gpg, so I apologize if these "bugs" are really my ignorance
rather than a bug.

1. In an attempt to get the idea module, I went to the page
<http://www.gnupg.org/why-not-idea.html>

I downloaded the files idea.c and idea.c.sig. I then tried to check the
sig:
$ gpg --verify idea.c.sig idea.c
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
gpg: Signature made Fri Aug 17 03:34:05 2001 EDT using DSA key ID
621CC013

$ gpg --list-keys
pub  1024D/57548DCD 1998-07-07 Werner Koch (gnupg sig) <dd9jn at gnu.org>

It appears to me, then, that idea.c was not signed with the key that
signed the entire distribution (57548DCD, Werner Koch). Is this
intentional? I could not find the key that did sign the file anywhere on
the site.

2. On a completely different note, on the page
<http://www.gnupg.org/docs.html>, the link "list of bugs" which points
to <http://bugs.guug.de/Bugs/db/pa/lgnupg.html> is broken.

Please copy any responses to me, as I am not a member of this list.
Again, if this is not really a mistake and is just me being dumb, then I
apologize for being an annoying newbie!
Thanks!
Andy

--