gpgme op_gen bug

Miguel Coca e970095 at zipi.fi.upm.es
Mon Nov 11 01:35:01 CET 2002

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 15:12:22 -0600, Jacob Perkins wrote:
> gpgme-0.3.12 seems to have a key generation bug in that even if given an
> expiration date, it still generates a key that does not expire.

Hi Jacob,

This seems to work for me now, but it looks like it's tricky to get the
date string right in the parameters pased to gpgme. The line must be like
this:

Expire-Date: 2005-01-01

If you write the date any differently (2005-1-1, 20050101), it won't work,
and in some cases even fail silently and create keys that don't expire.

Regards,
Miguel Coca                                         e970095 at zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/