Keyserver plugins?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sun Nov 17 06:07:02 CET 2002

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 09:51:21PM -0600, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> > If you don't have a LDAP library, gpgkeys_ldap won't be built.
>
> Not to argue the point, but I do have an LDAP library and gpgkeys_ldap
> wasn't built.

Sorry - I should have said "if you don't have a LDAP library either
findable or usable, then gpgkeys_ldap won't be built."

./configure will print out what it is doing.  What does it say about
LDAP?  Specifically, what does it say about:

  checking whether LDAP via "-lldap" is present and sane...

If the answer is "no", try looking at config.log to see what went
wrong.  Unfortunately, OpenLDAP is terrible about changing their
dependencies every other release.  Until they start providing a
"openldap-config" script or similar (I donated one a month or two
ago), people are going to have to juggle the dependencies by hand via
LDAPLIBS for everything but the simplest LDAP configuration.  This is
in the NEWS file, incidentally.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/