./autogen.sh --build-w32

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Nov 22 11:41:02 CET 2002

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 02:40:46AM +0100, Timo Schulz wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Recently I tried to compile GPGME 0.4.x-cvs for W32 and I found out
> there is a problem:
>
> --
> checking whether va_lists must be copied by value... configure: error:
> cannot run test program while cross compiling
> --
>
> I know W32 has no high priority but IMHO it should work...

This has nothing to do with w32, but with cross compiling.  It can not find
the right default without running a test program, so if you need to cross
compile, you will have to find out what the right value is for the configure
variable on your platform and specify this in config.cache.

> Due to the fact ASSUAN and GPG/SM are not availale for W32, it
> would be a good idea to disable the build process for this OS.

va_lists is needed for vasprintf, this has nothing to do with Assuan or
GpgSM.

Thanks,
Marcus

--