Compiling gpgmeplug in Debian package, and libtool problem

Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo jose at jaimedelamo.eu.org
Mon Nov 25 21:00:02 CET 2002

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 08:31:47PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:56:42 +0100, Marcus Brinkmann said:
>
> > Well, one solution is to split off gpgmeplug into a different source
> > package, that build depends on gpgme.  The reason that gpgmeplug exists in
>
> We should do this ASAP.  Bugs in gpgmeplug require us to release an
> entire new gpgme library which is a bit inconvenient.
>
> Marcus, can you please do this.

  OH! That would be great. The security concern I had is that not
 hardcoding in the libs the path to the gpgme libs could lead in some
 systems to an attack based in changing LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or something
 similar.

  When you split it, I would like to receive a note. I can package both
 for Debian.

  Thanks

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo