gnupg 1.2.0 uses excessive file descriptors

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Mon Oct 7 22:37:02 CEST 2002

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 09:04:44PM +0200, Steffen Zahn wrote:

> BTW I had to change line 4577 in configure to
>
>   for LDAPLIBS in "-lldap" "-lldap -llber" "-lldap -llber -ldl -lresolv" "-lldapssl41"; do
>
> but that may well be an incorrectly installed openldap-2.0.27.

libdl needed for OpenLDAP?  That's a new one to me.  I'm starting to
think it might be worthwhile to allow users to specify their own
additions to the LDAP libraries at configure time since it varies so
much.  I think I have all of the common cases in configure ("-lldap",
"-lldap -llber", "-lldap -llber -lresolv"), but this one is new.

What error did the link fail on without the -ldl ?

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/