2 Bugs in gpg 1.2.0

Jeremy Lin jjlin at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Oct 16 14:18:06 CEST 2002

David Shaw <dshaw at jabberwocky.com> replied:

> If you delete your .gnupg directory, you need to recreate it with
> "gpg" (no options) first, and then you can generate a new key.

Isn't this a little unintuitive? Some tutorials out there say that the
first thing to do as a new GPG user is to do a 'gpg --gen-key', which
then seems to work perfectly well until it bombs out unexpectedly with
that error message. IMHO, I think this behavior is a bug.

Jeremy