[GPGME] Manual page and little "bug"

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Oct 16 18:11:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 08:38:55PM +0200, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
>    I have written a very small manpage for gpgme-config binary. Please
>   add it to CVS.

Thanks, but we won't add it to the source.  In general, we don't do manpages.
gpgme-config is documented in its --help option and in the info manual.  We
could add a direntry for gpgme-config so that info will find it, and then
you could have just used help2man in the package.  Would that help you?

>    By other hand, I had a problem with outdated config.[guess,sub]
>   files in version 0.3.11 (which I forgot to report) and seems that you
>   have used the same files for doing the 0.3.12 release. Please, use
>   fresh files when you make a new release, or Debian buildd will fail
>   when trying to build the package in some archs.

You can work around this by providing --build and --target (or --host or
whatever is the rule of the day ;)  directly to the configure invocation.  A
couple of packages do that today, and it works rather well for Debian as
dpkg-architecture has intimate knowledge about the arch you are building for
(usually ;).

Thanks,
Marcus

--