Problems building gpgme 0.3.9 with Solaris and SINIX native C compilers

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Sep 2 15:20:03 CEST 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 11:25:38AM +0200, Dr.Stefan.Dalibor at bfa.de wrote:
> gpgme 0.3.9 won't build with native C compilers under Solaris 8
> (SUNspro compiler) and SINIX 5.45 (CDS++ compiler) due to some
> `GCC-isms' in posix-io.c and version.c - it seems the proprietary
> compilers are too dumb for initializing structs when defining them,
> complaining about `non-constant initializers'.  The appending
> trivial patches solve the problem.

Mmh, ok.

> I haven't tried to build the gpgme plugin, but the C modules in
> gpgmeplug seem to have a similar problem (C++ style comments are
> used, many C compilers won't grok these).

I think you should ignore them for now -- we have not yet managed to trick
the authors of these (which are used to C++) to sleep with C90 under their
pillow ;)

Thank you for the patch, I checked in a slightly different change which keeps
the constant initializer and just updates the non-constant fields in the
code.

2002-09-02  Marcus Brinkmann  <marcus at g10code.de>

        * posix-io.c (_gpgme_io_select): Don't use a non-constant struct
	initializer.
        * version.c (_gpgme_get_program_version): Likewise.
        Reported by Dr. Stefan Dalibor <Dr.Stefan.Dalibor at bfa.de>.

Thanks,
Marcus

--