gpgme 0.3.9 / gpgme 0.3.10

Marshall Rose mrose+internet.gnu.gpg.devel at dbc.mtview.ca.us
Wed Sep 4 19:18:02 CEST 2002

> > > Ok, I changed autogen.sh to require that.

> > > What shell is that?  Maybe I can reproduce it if I install the same shell as
> > > you.  You could try to change the top of the file to #!/bin/bash as a work
> > > around.
> >
> > it's bash:
> >
> > % bash --version
> > GNU bash, version 2.05.0(1)-release (i386--netbsdelf)
> > Copyright 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
> Sorry, I meant what shell is /bin/sh pointint to?

whatever passes for the bourne shell these days on netbsd:

% man sh
Sh is the standard command interpreter for the system. The current ver-
sion of sh is in the process of being changed to conform with the POSIX
1003.2 and 1003.2a specifications for the shell.  This version has many
features which make it appear similar in some respects to the Korn shell,
but it is not a Korn shell clone (see ksh(1)).  Only features designated
by POSIX, plus a few Berkeley extensions, are being incorporated into
this shell.  We expect POSIX conformance by the time 4.4 BSD is released.
This man page is not intended to be a tutorial or a complete specifica-
tion of the shell.

> > so, i'm not sure what the "real" solution is, other than starting
> > mkdemodis with something that invokes bash.
>
> There is a standard for POSIX shells, and we might use some bash specific
> extension which we can probably avoid.

alternatively in the makefile you can invoke bash directly, like i did
in the fragment i sent back...

/mtr