enabling the ldap keyserver plugin on HP-UX

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Mon Sep 9 20:44:01 CEST 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 08:33:49AM -0700, David Ellement wrote:
> On 020909, at 00:51:10, David Shaw wrote
> > Hmm.  Try:
> >
> >      gpg --keyserver ldap://194.171.167.2:11370 --recv-keys 0xB2D7795E
> >
> > If that works, then I suspect some issue with the resolver library
> > (194.171.167.2 == pgp.surfnet.nl).
>
> That works.
>
> The resolver library is part of libc on HPUX.  I don't suppose it has
> been socksified.

Sounds like the problem is found.  Good.

I've tweaked the configure script to properly handle HPUX (-lldap
-llber without -lresolv) for 1.2.  That doesn't help the socks stuff
though.  Isn't there a script in some version of socks that does some
LD_PRELOAD magic so nothing needs to be recompiled?

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/