Decrypt File

Koehne, Walter walter.koehne at tgslc.org
Fri Sep 13 21:30:01 CEST 2002

I am trying to decrypt a file programmatically without entering the pass
phrase.  I am the holder of the secret key and it is the default key ring.
I have a system up that another person configured and I can decrypt a file
that as encrypted with my secret key without entering a pass phrase.
However when I setup a new environment and try to decrypt a new file made
with a new key it always asks for the pass phrase.  I am writing a program
to use this code and I do not want the program to have to ask for a pass
phrase.

I am writing the program using Delphi v5.  I am creating a batch file to
execute the gpg command.

Question: Why is the one environment not asking for a pass phrase and the
other asking?  Remember that both secret keys are in each environment and
once I enter the pass phrase it is successful.

Thanks!

Walter E. Koehne
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Application Production Support; Mail Drop T8-3
Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corp.
P.O. Box 201725
Austin, Texas 78720-1725
Office (512) 219-4793