the GPG trust model

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Mon Sep 30 22:06:02 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 20:42, Joel N. Weber II wrote:

> There's also the problem of people who cross-sign their own keys.  I'm
> willing to trust cross signed keys somewhat morethan I'm willing to
> trust a key to sign other people's keys in some cases, and GPG doesn't
> give me an easy way to express that.

Hmmm. This reminds me of a wishlist type request I've thought of some
time back:

I want to be able to specify that two keys belong to the same person and
should be considered equal in trust calculation (meaning primarily: the
hop should not be counted, and signatures with marginal trust should be
added up over both keys).

Just a thought.
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                           http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

NOTICE: subkey signature! request key 92082481 from keyserver.kjsl.com