[Announce] 1.2.2 release candidate 2

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Apr 22 12:25:03 CEST 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:11:06 -0700, jbwiebe  said:

> /usr/local/src/gnupg-1.2.2rc2/g10/passphrase.c:648: undefined
> reference to `bind_textdomain_codeset'

I somehow expected to see such an error.  The way to solve it is by
using

  ./configure --with-included-gettext
  make

Your system come with an old version of gettext which does not provide
the codeset function of gettext.  The solution to this is to write a
autoconf test to check for it and auto-enbale the above configure
option.  However, the entire gettext stuff used in autoconf comes with
gettext and I didn't found a test for the codeset function.
Maintaining our own gettext tests would be a lot of work and thus I
concluded that it is easier to use the --with-included-gettext option.

BTW, the README file contains this paragraph:

    Installation Problems
    If you get unresolved externals "gettext" you should run configure
    again with the option "--with-included-gettext"; this is version
    0.10.35 which is available at alpha.gnu.org.

I may need to reqord it to make if clearer.

Shalom-Salam,

  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of
  destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. -Gandhi