NEED_PASSPHRASE and gpg-agent

Justin Karneges justin-psi at affinix.com
Tue Apr 22 21:06:02 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 10:20 am, Werner Koch wrote:
> For your application, I would shortcut the handling of NEED_PASSPHRASE
> if $GPG_AGENT_INFO is set and --use-agent is used.

Good plan.  Though, I don't think there is an easy way to check for
"use-agent" option (in my case, it is actually defined in the gpg.conf file),
but checking the GPG_AGENT_INFO environment variable is probably enough.

> A future gpg version will fully support the agent (i.e. all secret key
> operations are done by the agent) and the passphrase status message
> will not anymore emitted.

Yes, this makes the most sense.  Is this also planned for the Win32 version?

-Justin