gnupg 1.2.2 on aix 5.1 on P660s and P690s

Ryan Wyler rjwyler at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 7 23:08:02 CEST 2003

I am having a serious problem with GnuPG 1.2.2 on AIX 5.1 on only newer IBM
P660s and P690s.  I have tried compiling gnupg on the actual systems having
the problems.  This does not resolve the issue.

It appears gnupg hangs and cannot even be killed with a -9 signal.  I have
to reboot the systems to get gnupg to free up the resources.  They appear
to be chewing up quite a bit of CPU also.

I have several AIX 5.1 servers using gnupg, but for some reason these P660s
and P690s are not working properly.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Here is the version of GPG I'm using:
gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.2
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB

Ryan Wyler
IBM Global Services