gnupg 1.2.2 on aix 5.1 on P660s and P690s

Ryan Wyler rjwyler at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 8 19:51:02 CEST 2003

I just finished compiling and running gnupg-1.2.3rc2.tar.gz with the same
results.  I did the 'make check' after 'make' and it is hanging now.  I
tried to 'kill -9' the process with no luck.  I have called IBM support
about the inability to kill the process, they say it's a feature, not a
bug.  They say processes doing certain things with the kernel will not die
until they are complete and they are unable to research this further for
this product because it is not supported by IBM.  (Obvious answer) ....

Here is the output of the 'make check' and the process
----- snip -----
# ps -ef | grep -i gpg
    root 46154 50648  68 09:45:08  pts/1  1:01 ../g10/gpg --homedir .
--passphrase-fd 0 -o y --yes ./plain-1.asc
    root 52262 48972   1 09:46:09  pts/3  0:00 grep -i gpg
---- snip -----
# make check
Making check in intl
Target "check" is up to date.
Making check in zlib
Target "check" is up to date.
Making check in util
Target "check" is up to date.
Making check in mpi
Target "check" is up to date.
Making check in cipher
Target "check" is up to date.
Making check in tools
Target "check" is up to date.
Making check in g10
Target "check" is up to date.
Making check in keyserver
Target "check" is up to date.
Making check in po
Target "check" is up to date.
Making check in doc
        make  check-am
Target "check-am" is up to date.
Making check in checks
        make  check-TESTS
gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.3rc2
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: .
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB
PASS: version.test
Hash algorithm TIGER/192 is not installed (not an error)
Hash algorithm SHA-384 is not installed (not an error)
Hash algorithm SHA-512 is not installed (not an error)
PASS: mds.test
<HANGING>
------------------- snip ------------------

                      Werner Koch
                      <wk at gnupg.org>           To:       gnupg-devel at gnupg.org
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      gnupg-devel-admin        Subject:  Re: gnupg 1.2.2 on aix 5.1 on  P660s and P690s
                      @gnupg.org

                      08/08/2003 01:11
                      AM

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:22:05 -0700, Ryan Wyler said:

> I am having a serious problem with GnuPG 1.2.2 on AIX 5.1 on only newer
IBM
> P660s and P690s.  I have tried compiling gnupg on the actual systems
having
> the problems.  This does not resolve the issue.

Before we start to look into this, please try again using

  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org;/cgrypt/alpha/gnupg/gnupg-1.2.3rc2.tar.gz

If the box happens to be down, use one of the mirrors as listed at
www.gnupg.org/mirrors.html,

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com