gnupg 1.2.2 on aix 5.1 on P660s and P690s

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Aug 8 20:03:03 CEST 2003

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 01:22:05PM -0700, Ryan Wyler wrote:
> I am having a serious problem with GnuPG 1.2.2 on AIX 5.1 on only newer IBM
> P660s and P690s.  I have tried compiling gnupg on the actual systems having
> the problems.  This does not resolve the issue.
>
> It appears gnupg hangs and cannot even be killed with a -9 signal.  I have
> to reboot the systems to get gnupg to free up the resources.  They appear
> to be chewing up quite a bit of CPU also.

I am not excluding that there are bugs in GnuPG, but if a task can not be
killed with kill -9, then there seems to be a problem with the operating
system, a bug that might actually be triggered by another bug in GPGME.
kill -9 is not actually a signal to be delivered to the application (just as
SIGSTOP).  It is a signal to the OS to kill the task no matter what.

You might want to look into that as well.

Thanks,
Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' GNU      http://www.gnu.org    marcus at gnu.org