NewPG is now GnuPG 1.9

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Sat Aug 9 08:08:04 CEST 2003

On Friday 08 August 2003 23:09, Jürgen Botz wrote:
> Werner Koch wrote:
> > gpg2 has been changed to use libgcrypt but secret key management is
> > still done by itself and not by gpg-agent.  However, --use-agent is
> > the default now and we support the new OpenPGP smartcards.
>
> Could you explain what you mean by this for those of us who are
> not very familiar with the code base?  I mean, superficially this
> statement doesn't make sense, if key management isn't done by the
> agent what good is the agent?

As far as I understand it, the agent at the moment takes care of requesting
the password from the user. Which will probably break all application using
secret key operations and managing the pw themselves.

I think --passphrase-fd should automatically imply --no-use-agent. (Or do you
already do this?). When the agent does secret key handling: is there a way to
continue using --passphrase-fd (and have gpg supply the pw to the agent)?

greetings
-- vbi

--
featured product: GNU Privacy Guard - http://gnupg.org