open pgp on smart devices, maxim/dallas ibutton,(the very) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Aug 23 08:57:02 CEST 2003

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 22:49:25 +0200, thomas schorpp said:

> hi,
> seems, maxim/dallas dont trust their own best products...:

> http://www.ibutton.com/store/license/crypto.html

> 5. LIMITED WARRANTIES. DS expressly disclaims any warranty for the Java

That is a common disclaimer, have you never been to the U.S.?  Do you
know the movie The Fortune Cookie: "I slipped on a banana skin - okay,
lets sue United Fruit."?

I don't think that it is much different for any other semiconductor
you buy anywhere in the world.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com