How to add my own algorithm to gnupg?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Aug 30 12:32:01 CEST 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:11:29 +0200, Moritz Schulte said:

> I wonder, does this only refer to the original `extension module' code
> that was used by GnuPG or is the concept as a whole not wanted
> anymore?  Regarding code simplicity, the module handling code is

It does not make sense to GnupG because it is an OpenPGP
implementation and as long as the standard does not define new
algorithms every week there is no need for the extension feature.  The
extension feature orginally aimed owards non-US PGP 2 users, so that
they could use there old RSA keys (e.g. for Usenet).

> contained in Libgcrypt [GnuPG would have to load the external
> algorithm implementation and then pass the according functions to
> Libgcrypt...].

Libgcrypt is a different story and the new external extension scheme
is indeed much simpler.

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com