[Patch] New option --http-proxy

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Dec 8 10:35:43 CET 2003

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 00:29:29 +0100, Christian Biere said:

>> The idea itself seems reasonable.  I'd just rather see it as (for
>> example) "--keyserver-options http-proxy=foo.bar".  I can put it on
>> the list for 1.3.x if you like.

> I'd definitely like that. *scribble* I also revised my patch and

I don't like it.

There is a standard way to define a PROXY, used by many programs and
we would add confusion when adding a second way of doing that.  A
proxy belongs to your network configuration and a program should play
that setting.  With an additional way of setting the proxy, you are
required to change the proxy address at several places - that is bad
for system admistration.

Regarding your patches, we can't use them without a copyright
assignment.

Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com
Free Software Foundation Europe                  http://fsfeurope.org