bzip2 without external dependencies
venona at gmx.ch
Mon Dec 15 21:59:11 CET 2003
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:22:11 -0600
Joe Vender <jvender at owensboro.net> wrote:
>Is there a way to (native) build bzip2 read-write support into GnuPG
>1.3.4, using MinGW+MSYS, so that gpg.exe, once built, needs no external
>bzip2 components (such as libbz2.dll) installed on the system to work?
Take the following steps.
1. Get the source code of bzip2 1.0.2 from
2. Change the 116th line of bzlib.h to
#if defined(_WIN32) && !defined(__MINGW32__)
3. Execute the "make" command of bzip2. libbz2.a will be generated.
4. Copy the modified bzlib.h to "include" subdirectory in your "MinGW" directory.
5. Copy libbz2.a to "lib" subdirectory in your "MinGW" directory.
Then build gpg.exe of GnuPG 1.3.4 with MSYS. libbz2.a will be
statically linked with gpg.exe.
More information about the Gnupg-devel