More format string fixes for 1.2.3

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Dec 17 10:34:54 CET 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:08:07 +0100, Florian Weimer said:

> Only the changes to g10/tdbio.c could be critical (I haven't examined
> the calling code, so I'm not sure).  The util/argparse.c changes are

Aiih, probably my mistake when I replaced the old error reporting
function taking a filename as the first arg.  The changes are not
critical because the db_name is the name of the trustdb file and the
code is not run at a state where gpg is run under euid==0.

> The configure.ac change should add some protection for the future.
> Funny that this helpful GCC warning is so rarely used.

-Wformat-nonliteral is not documented for 2.95 and as you said
here are some false positives.  -Wformat is already used due to -Wall.

Thanks,

Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com
Free Software Foundation Europe                  http://fsfeurope.org