can't change the primary uid on a RSA key

Clemens Buchmann caligo@elizium.de
Tue Feb 25 19:02:24 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm mailing this again, cuz none of my previous mails were replied so I
think they might got lost or whatever nasty things can happen to a mail.
Would be fine if someone will take notice of this report. TIA

I have a RSA key which is made with pgp-6.5.8, because gnupg-1.2.1
generates singing only RSA keys. So I imported that key into my gpg
here, added a uid and now I can't change the primary uid. The second uid
I added was automatically set as primary uid. I tried to change the
primary uid as described with:

pub  2048R/89BC559F  created: 2003-02-16 expires: never      trust: u/u
(1)  Clemens Buchmann <caligo@elizium.de>
(2). Clemens Buchmann <caligo@deadheaven.de>

Command> uid 1

pub  2048R/89BC559F  created: 2003-02-16 expires: never      trust: u/u
(1)* Clemens Buchmann <caligo@elizium.de>
(2). Clemens Buchmann <caligo@deadheaven.de>

Command> primary
gpg: skipping v3 self-signature on user id "Clemens Buchmann
<caligo@elizium.de>"
gpg: skipping v3 self-signature on user id "Clemens Buchmann
<caligo@deadheaven.de>"

Command> uid 0

pub  2048R/89BC559F  created: 2003-02-16 expires: never      trust: u/u
(1)  Clemens Buchmann <caligo@elizium.de>
(2). Clemens Buchmann <caligo@deadheaven.de>

Command>

As you can see the primary uid is not changed to uid 1 as I 'commanded'.
I tried that with a DSA key and it worked as it should, but not with
this RSA key. I couldn't find anything on that topic so far so it might
be a bug. - Maybe you can help me out here. Mayn thanks in advance!

Bye

 Clemens

--
MCSA MicroSoft Certified Attorney