alternative random device

Jacob Perkins jap1 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 9 19:14:01 CET 2003

I'm not sure how common this is, but I am using gentoo, which provides a
/dev/urandom device, which seems to have much better performance than
/dev/random. I actually had to restart earlier because /dev/random
stopped working, and gnupg couldn't generate any keys, though
/dev/urandom worked fine.  Is it possible to configure gnupg to use
/dev/urandom instead of /dev/random?  How? --enable-static-rnd doesn't
seem to allow specifying the device.  If it current isn't possible, I
think a configure time option should be added, maybe --random-device=.
This is all with gnupg-1.2.1
--
Jacob Perkins <jap1 at users.sourceforge.net>
seahorse