PATCH -- GnuPG 1.2.1 UTF8 output

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Mon Feb 10 03:04:02 CET 2003

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 05:41:30PM +0100, Matthias Posseldt wrote:
> Package: gnupg
> Version: 1.2.1
>
> Hello,
>
> the KGPG developers realized that there seems to be a bug related to UTF8
> output. According to the manual, --with-colons ever prints out information
> in UTF8 encoding regardless of --no-utf8-strings.
>
> But it does always output as non-UTF8 string. I don't have any
> configuration settings in my gpg.conf (besides a uncommented keyserver ...
> line).

This is a feature, not a bug.  --with-colons dumps the raw contents of
the user ID packet, UTF8 encoding and all.  It is up to the program
that reads the --with-colons data to interpret it as it needs to.  It
is not up to GnuPG to determine how another program handles its
display.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/