newbie compile problems

Daniel Packer dpacker at psionik.com
Mon Feb 24 20:47:01 CET 2003

Marcus,

When I installed 0.3.15, I first installed to my home directory
using --prefix, but then I did a fresh configure, make and make clean as
root and installed to the default /usr/local.

I was unable to run the binary executable produced by gcc, because I got the
error (quoted from my prior email below), but when I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it
ran without a problem. I'm not a unix library expert, but from what I have
read, it seems that the run-time loader path is not being compiled into my
executable, so the loader can't find my shared library when I run the
program.

Is there some way to ensure that my gpgme executables are compiled with
proper run time loader paths? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? I don't
know if this is directly related to gpgme-conf or not, but I thought I'd go
through it, if just to learn something.

Thanks very much,
Daniel