gpgme<->JNI, an old can or worms, or a new one?

Daniel Packer dpacker at psionik.com
Tue Feb 25 20:57:01 CET 2003

Greetings,

Has anyone attempted to use Java native methods to surface gpgme capabilities to Java? I had started to write some wrapper code as an exploratory exercise, and it occurred to me that I'd better find out what has been done by others before going down this potentially painful road all by myself (I am not a hero).

That said, I know there are many, many people who could benefit from a JNI layer, if one does not already exist, and I would be glad to start an OSS project once I have something working. This is not a call for participation, just a probe.  :)

If this is too off-topic, please let me know, but I honestly would not know where else to take a discussion like this. If anyone is interested in why gpg and pgp binary wrappers are not "good enough" IMHO, I would be happy to provide you with my opinion.

Thanks very much,
Daniel