NewPG roadmap (was: ssh-agent type utility for gnupg)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 27 18:00:01 CET 2003

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:26:39 +1000, Greg Black said:

> Are there plans to get this into a release any time soon?

Some of you may have noticed that I was quite busy with private things
the last weeks, so I have to catch up on a lot of stuff first.

The plan is to migrate newpg to a new gnupg-1-9 branch (basically
done) and make use of the new separate libassuan.  Then we will
release a gnupg 1.9.0 which is nothing else but newpg 0.9.x; i.e. gpg
will not be included at that time.  Over the time we will then merge
gpg 1.3 into this branch and work towards a 2.0 release.

Of course we will make sure that *BSD is supported.  My NetBSD machine
is not yet up again but this should be a matter of days, so by the
release of 1.9.0 it should work on BSDs - not yet sure about Solaris;
this depends on the progress of libgio.

Salam-Shalom,