Porting style [was Re: GPG port to TANDEM]

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 14 18:42:13 CET 2003

* On 2003.01.14, in <20030114172409.GB6956 at jabberwocky.com>,
*	"David Shaw" <dshaw at jabberwocky.com> wrote:

> One way to minimize ifdefs growing all over the code is to confine
> them to a given place and then call that place.  For example, see the

I thought Werner was ruling out this model, too. (He didn't mention
anything about frequency or location of ifdefs, just that they were
"generally unacceptable".) There certainly are other ways besides ifdefs
to to machine-dependent code, but they seem messier yet.

But if that's okay, then I misunderstood his meaning. Thanks.

--
 -D.                                          Sr. Information Adjuster
 dgc at uchicago.edu                Department of Information Adjustments