gpgme & gnupg user id inconsistent

Miguel Coca mcoca at gnu.org
Wed Jan 15 11:18:02 CET 2003

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 19:40:12 -0600, Jacob Perkins wrote:
> I've created a delete user id edit key op for seahorse, but gpgme and
> gnupg's user id numbering is inconsistent.  For instance, in edit key
> mode, the ids are listed as so:
> 	1)  foo bar
> 	2) .test
> but in the key list are listed:
> 	test
> 	foo bar
> since test is the primary user id.
> Is there any way to get around this or force gnupg to renumber the user
> ids so 1) is primary always?  Or get gnupg's user id number from gpgme?
> The description of GPGME_ATTR_USERID led me to believe that
> gpgme_key_get_ulong of an index would give gnupg's user id number, but
> it only returns 0.

The problem is that GnuPG is not ordering the UID's at all in the edit
menu, just displaying them in the order they appear on the key. This
has been fixed for GnuPG 1.2.2 (the release candidate does it
correctly).

Cheers,
--
Miguel Coca (mcoca at gnu.org)                http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/