GnuPP Lotus Notes Plugin

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jan 21 18:40:02 CET 2003

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 17:09:34 +0100, Uwe Stelzer said:

> I am a student developing on a Lotus Notes Plugin for GnuPP.
> (since there is no such plugin in the download list http://www.gnupp.de/download.html)

I don't know of any support for Notes.  Some years ago we figured out
that Notes prior to version 5 was not able to handle MIME, i.e. it
arbitrary re-encodes mails which would break any signature.  So, we
gave up on this.

> I already have a prototype with basic functionality (yet buggy) which has been
> created by my university teacher Thomas Kriener.

Good to know.

> Recently I read about plans at the GnuPP to implement such a plugin.
> This is the article from the newsticker of the german heise publishing house:
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/result.xhtml?url=/newsticker/data/jk-18.11.02-001/

I am sorry to say that this article was or hoax or at best wishful
thinking.

> Can anybody tell me more about these plans, e.g. who can be contacted, how
> far is the project status, etc. ?

I still collect information about GnuPG related stuff and it is in
general a good idea to let this ML list know about new software or
even plans to work on GnuPG related things.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

p.s.
If you prefer to talk with me on the phone, send me your number.