Bernd's comments on GPGME

Bernd Eckenfels lists at lina.inka.de
Mon Jul 21 20:12:02 CEST 2003

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 07:58:13PM -0500, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> While I'm not exactly a fan of GPGME (my feelings on it are very mixed),
> I think some of your criticisms here are well off the mark.

I am concerned about the GNU PG project. Because I once was a fan of it, and
still like the gpg tool. But for one the ideal founding of the project, the
great manpower in werners company and even the community here in the lists
have not convinced me, that GPG could have repeated the success of 2.6 PGP.

This may be due to the complicated OpenPGP, this may be due to some license
decisions, it even may be due to the tone werner has to help request. I dont
know, but I think it helps to talk about it.

I wont repeat my answer I have written to you in private, to the last copy
of this mail, because I think it is more important to reflect on the success
(or failure) of the project, without going to deep into details.