key fingerprints - a practice question

John A. Martin jam at jamux.com
Mon Jul 28 15:01:01 CEST 2003

    Adrian> for 'I send this encrypted mail to the same guy who always
    Adrian> posts on this mailing list' sort of identification, it
    Adrian> suffices - especially since there is no need to really
    Adrian> identify the person behind the mail address, it's only
    Adrian> important that it's the same person.

    Adrian> Hope you get what I mean

That seems to be an extraordinary difficult concept for many folks to
grasp.

When the 'persona' first appeared I thought it would solidify the
notion of a network identity without necessarily a connection to
the real world.  I must have been mistaken for it seems that the
notion of a 'persona' is employed differently than that.

I am not sure what is to be understood by _persona_ in the PGP
context.  Would someone care to enlighten me?

        jam