Is there a command-line equivalent to "Only return exact matches"?

jonathan soong jon.soong at imvs.sa.gov.au
Wed Jun 25 10:41:03 CEST 2003

>How do you know what exact match to search for then?  If you don't know the
>key ID in advance, I assume you are talking about a key defined by some
>other parameter like user ID, and then you can not be sure that there will
>be only one exact match.

Yes this is exactly the situation i am talking of.

:) This is for a custom application we are actually writing. So we
wanted the users the option to
change their keys, and our encryption tool would then get their new keys
off the PKS server.
E.g. user ID, could be "Jon-789", which we would specify, but this user
could create new keys.
   - we always want to get the latest keys for 'Jon-789'

The --search-keys option would think of 'Jon-789' as  two words, rather
than one ..

Oh well, my workaround was to make 'Jon-789'  --> 'Jon789'

thanks though

jon