GnuPG race causes misordered uids?

Timo Schulz twoaday at freakmail.de
Mon May 5 22:33:03 CEST 2003

On Mon May 05 2003; 09:50, David Shaw wrote:

> Just to make sure I understand the problem.  Given a key with more
> than one uid, one of which is marked primary, if I do this:
>
> gpg --fixed-list-mode --with-fingerprint --with-colons --list-keys (thekey)
>
> over and over, sometimes the primary key is not first?

Exactly. It works 96% of the time, so I guess it cannot be a WinPT
problem or a bug in my GPGME version. I'm also not sure if this is
the same problem that Marcus reported, but I think so.

> Is the primary uid marked primary (i.e. a primary subpacket is in the
> self-sig), or is the primary just the newest uid ?

I can't remember that, but due to the fact they were often test keys
I generated myself (and I did not set the primary flag), I guess it was
the newest uid. I will also try to find out if the problem is really GPG
or maybe a bug in my code.

        Timo

--
"Der Tugendhafte begnügt sich, von dem zu träumen, was der Böse im Leben
verwirklicht." -- Platon