Minimal symmetric crypto support for vim

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun May 25 11:21:02 CEST 2003

On Sun, 25 May 2003 03:13:51 +0000 (UTC), Jason Holt said:

> So, my question is: how hard would it be to create gpg -c --cipher AES
> --enable-mdc compatible files?  Shouldn't I be able to basically hard-code
> most of the headers?  Perhaps I can write up a simple implementation as a

It could be done with not too much code if you don't want to be able
to decode all OpenPGP messages.  If you use full 4 byte packet length
headers and no compression you should be able to do everything
statically.  You need the string-to-key mangling code (S2K), a SHA-1
implementation and AES.

This won't be a OpenPGP compliant implementation but at least it
creates OpenPGP compliant messages.

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of