Compilation problem with gnupg 1.9.1

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Nov 3 09:14:27 CET 2003

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:29:17 +0000, Alex Willmer said:

> libassuan, libgpg-error, libksba, libgcrypt and pinentry have been built and
> installed to '~/gnupg-1.9/'. However libgpg-error and libgcrypt are not
> found when configuring gnupg (full output below).

Hmmm. you should first make sure that gpg-error-config is found by the
configure script.  Look at config.log to see why it was not found and
try to fix that.

GPG_ERROR_CONFIG=~/gnupg-1.9/bin/gpg-error-config ./configure ....

might be the easiest way to accomplish that.

> I had similar problems with libgcrypt prior the new 1.1.44 release. Is a new
> version of gnupg-1.9.x to be released imminently, that might resolve
> this,

I am currently doing some API changes for libksba, after that a new
gnupg 1.9 will be released.  Wen have fixed a couple minor glitches in
the last weeks, so there is a chance that a new version will better
build out of the box.

> or would I be better checking out the latest CVS? If so would I need to
> update any other modules from CVS for this?

For gnupg 1.9, you also need the current libksba from CVS.

Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com
Free Software Foundation Europe	                 http://fsfeurope.org