gnupg: request for small change in output

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Sat Oct 4 03:52:01 CEST 2003

On 2003-10-03, David Shaw wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 02:45:21PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> > On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 05:57:10 -0600 (MDT), Nelson H F Beebe said:
> >
> > > 	gpg: Signature made Mon Dec 30 23:16:35 2002 MST using DSA key ID 0x769AFE02
> >
> > Okay, the output will still fit into one line.  The only thing we need
> > to care about is that we don't mess up the translations.
>
> I worry about consistency here.  There are dozens of places where key
> IDs are printed in GnuPG, and none have the 0x.  Changing only one is
> going to cause some confusion.

Seems like a good idea to leave things as they are.  And then
somebody might get around to fixing the key servers that have
the silly requirement for the leading 0x; in the meantime, it's
not that hard to add it in to a cut'n'paste of the ID.

--
Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> <http://www.gbch.net/gjb.html>
GPG signed mail preferred; further information in headers.