Ask A Question!! About sym. encpypted integroty protected data packet (tag 18)

SuperTim cs881274 at csie.ncu.edu.tw
Thu Oct 9 19:56:06 CEST 2003

Dear All,

If M reprsents the data want to be encrypted.

Then, Literal(M) represent the data for literal packet.

Compress(Literal(M)) represent the data compressed.

Finally, Encrypt(Compress(Literal(M))) will be the encrypted data what begin with c9(the sym. encrypted packet tag).

I have a question.

If we want to use sym. encpypted integroty protected data packet to process the data,

when do we add the MDC packet and where do we put??

In other words,if we get the encpypted integroty protected data packet's encrypted data, how to decrypt it??

I decrpypted a sym. encpypted integroty protected data packet's encrypted data, but it looked strange.

It begin with 0x21,0x52 and 0x98. But 0x21 is a n invalid packet tag.

Please help me.

Thanks for your answering!!