gnupg 1.2.2 on aix 5.1 on P660s and P690s -- FIXED

Ryan Wyler rjwyler at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 22 15:52:12 CEST 2003

Here is a follow up with the GnuPG 1.2.2 AIX 5.1 locking up on the P660s
and P690s.

The last few days I've been going back and fourth with Werner Koch. Werner
Koch thought of checking out if HAVE_PLOCK was defined.

The AIX 5.1 has an implimentation of plock which appears to be different
from HP's.  PLOCK was originally there to fix what seems to be an HPUX
issue.  The ./configure script detected the plock() function so it set the
HAVE_PLOCK to '1'.  We deleted the HAVE_PLOCK defination from the
config.h, recompiled and everything appears to be working fine now.  I
will be doing more tests tomorrow to confirm that everything is working
correctly, but for now it is working great.

Ryan Wyler