gpg-agent

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Apr 20 14:30:41 CEST 2004

At Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:16:35 +0200,
Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> However, I have been searching for an equivalent to ssh-add, with no
> luck. Is such a tool present in GnuPG?

That's what gpg-agent is.  To make it use caching, you have to
configure it (default-cache-ttl SECONDS into ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf).
You also need to have pinentry installed (and configure the path to
the pinentry you are using with "pinentry-program
/usr/bin/pinentry-gtk" or similar in gpg-agent.conf).  Finally, you
need to use the option --use-agent with gpg (you can use gpg 1.2.x).

Thanks,
Marcus