gpg-agent

Sylvain Beucler beuc at gnu.org
Tue Apr 27 13:19:26 CEST 2004

On 2004.04.27 12:09, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:12:46 +0200, Sylvain Beucler said:
>
> > Incidentally, pinentry-curses does not cache my passphrase. Is it
> > normal?
>
> The pinentry does not cache the passpharse; this is the job of the
> gpg-agent.  You may want to check your ~/.gpg-agent.conf for these

Sorry, I meant that using pinentry-curses as the gpg-agent pinentry
program does not cache the passphrase, while using pinentry-gtk does.

With pinentry-curses, the second time gpg needs my passphrase, I get:
gpg-agent[11424]: command get_passphrase failed: Operation cancelled
gpg-agent[11424]: DBG: map_to_assuan_status called with no error source

I tried without and with 'default-cache-ttl 600' in my .gpg-agent.conf.

pinentry-gtk, on the contrary, ask me the passphrase the first time,
and remember it then.

--
Sylvain