[Announce] GnuPG 1.2.6 released

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Fri Aug 27 15:56:59 CEST 2004

On Thursday 26 August 2004 18:41, Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> G'day Werner,
>
> NOTE: This may be an operator error problem...
>
> * Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> [040826 11:22]:
> > We are pleased to announce the availability of a new stable GnuPG
> > release: Version 1.2.6
>
> There seems to be a problem generating a RPM from the tarball.

Hi,
you could try "checkinstall" to create an RPM, it's simple, fast and
virtually foolproof.

It could look something like "./configure && make && checkinstall -R
--pkgname=gpg --pkgversion=1.2.6 --pkgrelease=1" I haven't tried it
with gpg 1.2.6, but with gpg 1.3.6. Creating RPMs with checkinstall
should really work with every tarball.

hth
Malte