GPGME CVS branched

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sat Dec 11 15:49:52 CET 2004

On Saturday, 11. December 2004 14:42, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> At Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:04:43 +0100,
>
> Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock at gmx.net> wrote:
> > [1  <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
> > On Tuesday, 7. December 2004 19:54, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> >
> > gpgme has recently been changed to use ttyname_r in gpgsm-engine.c.
> > ttyname_r is not available on a lot of platforms, including FreeBSD - it
> > would be nice if ttyname_r usage could be optionalised and checked for by
> > configure.
>
> Please add ttyname_r to FreeBSD if at all possible.  It is POSIX by now.

It probably won't be added anymore to FreeBSD 4.x - I'm not sure what the
status of ttyname_r of 5.x is because the configure check thinks it exists,
but compilation issues a warning "implicit declaration of ttyname_r" (but
completes).

> I can put in a check and fall back to ttyname with a warning.  It's
> what we do for getenv already.  Can you please test the patch below?
> If it detects the lack of ttyname_r, issues a warning and compiles and
> links in the replacement function, I will apply it.  Please let me
> know.

Yes, this works fine, thanks! One other thing: The included assuan bits have
several problems on FreeBSD, which have all been ironed out by now (we and
Werner actually ironed them out on gpa-devel, perhaps you remember)  - could
you consider updating the assuan import or perhaps just depend on the
separate libassuan distribution?

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org