GPGME CVS branched

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sat Dec 11 17:54:23 CET 2004

On Saturday, 11. December 2004 16:51, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Are you saying that on BSD 5.x ttyname_r is found by configure, and
> not replaced, so gpgme/ttyname_r.c is not linked in, but yet the
> prototype is not defined in unistd.h?  Does compiling and linking the
> test programs succeed?  (This will reveal if the ttyname_r reference
> in gpgme can be resolved or not).  If this is the case, then BSD lacks
> the prototype, but provides the function, and unistd.h needs to be
> fixed (but it will work).

That seems to be the case, thanks for clarifying!

That reminds me of a different issue I forgot to
report: If I compile with pth support, one of the tests fails to link:

gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include/pth -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow
-Wstrict-prototypes -o .libs/t-thread1
t-thread1.o  ../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme-pthread.so -lpthread
-L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libgpg-error.so -lintl -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,/usr/local/lib
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme-pthread.so: warning: warning: tmpnam() possibly
used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
t-thread1.o(.text+0x12d): In function `passphrase_cb':
/mnt/stable-usr/home/lofi/freebsd/ports/security/gpgme/work/gpgme-1.0.1/tests/gpg/t-support.h:67:
undefined reference to `__pthread_write'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme-pthread.so: undefined reference to
`__pthread_select'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme-pthread.so: undefined reference to
`__pthread_connect'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme-pthread.so: undefined reference to
`__pthread_accept'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme-pthread.so: undefined reference to
`__pthread_waitpid'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme-pthread.so: undefined reference to `__pthread_read'

This looks kind of bogus to me, what's going on there? It works if I configure
with --disable-pth, but --disable-pth-test yields the same error (pth 2.0.3
is available on the system and found by configure).

> > One other thing: The included assuan bits
> > have several problems on FreeBSD, which have all been ironed out by now
> > (we and Werner actually ironed them out on gpa-devel, perhaps you
> > remember)  - could you consider updating the assuan import or perhaps
> > just depend on the separate libassuan distribution?
>
> Note that this is only needed for gpgsm support.
>
> I can look at the changes on gpa-devel, and incorporate them.  It
> would be even better if you just do it and send a patch to me, so that
> it is tested and really works for you.

False alarm, I was looking at the wrong sources prior to writing that. The
included assuan bits are in fact fine on FreeBSD.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org